Terms & Conditions
Please read these terms of service (“terms”) carefully before you make the decision to purchase a product, service or event (collectively “Services” and individually a “Service”) offered by Know-How Innovations LLC and its subsidiary SharkByte SIM LLC (herein referred to collectively as “KHI” or “Know-How Innovations”) through KnowHowInnovations.com, SharkByteSIM.com (collectively “KHI Sites” or “Know-How Innovations Sites” and individually “Site”).
Know-How Innovations is a training provider that specializes in providing training workshops and events via the following delivery methods:
“Open Enrollment” Courses:
- Training Workshops / Public Training – Training events sold on a per ticket basis, facilitated in person within a select number of city center locations across the US by a member of the KHI training team.
- Training Workshops – Training events sold on a per event basis, facilitated at the customer’s place of business by a member of the KHI training team.
Whilst the conditions laid out within these terms are consistent across all delivery methods, where variances exist, these are clearly marked where relevant.
MODIFICATION OF TERMS
- KHI reserves the right to modify these terms at any time by posting an updated version of the terms on KHI Sites. You agree to visit an KHI Site from time-to-time and to review the then current terms. Your continued use of a Service or Services following any changes to these terms constitutes your agreement to accept the changes.
- Services are run from the United States. They can be obtained from anywhere. If you are not in the United States and you choose to use any Service you agree that it is your obligation, and not that of KHI, to assure that your use of the Service is in compliance with any applicable laws of the jurisdiction from which you access the Service.
- You agree to pay for all Services you purchase from KHI. Payment may be made by any of the methods on a Site. You agree that KHI may charge your selected payment method. Payments made via a Site are taken directly through PayPal Services. A PayPal account is not needed to make payments.
- KHI does not retain any sensitive information either in physical form (e.g. order forms/authorization forms) or within electronic destinations (e.g. servers/computers). You acknowledge and agree that in some jurisdictions a Service may be subject to local taxes.
OFFERS & PROMOTIONS
- On each of its product pages and subsequently within its marketing materials, KHI will from time-to-time make offers, redeemable by purchasing prior to a specific date or through entering a valid product code at point of purchase.
- Offers and promotions are designed to work on an individual basis, in the event the user holds multiple promotion codes they will only be eligible to the discount which provides the cheapest price and cannot be used concurrently.
Once a registration has been made it will be subject to the following terms:
- Each registration has a “cooling off” / cancellation period of 7 days during which you may cancel your registration and receive a full refund. This period begins on the date of your registration. Thereafter, you are not entitled to a refund. However, if any part of this cancellation period falls within 14 days prior to the start date of the registered workshop, you will not receive a refund.
- In the event that you wish to cancel your booking outside of this 7-day period you will be able to move your booking to the next available date at an additional charge (including any applicable local tax) – see Section Right to Cancel / Transfer for associated obligations.
- If you register with a discount code or promotional offer, you are required to clear the full balance listed on the invoice prior to the final date of the promotion period. Failure to do so will result in a charge for the full price of the event with the discount removed.
- KHI will not be liable for damages, including the return of any payments, in the event that you are unable to attend a course by reason of strikes, lockouts, labor disputes, embargoes, or any force majeure (including, but not limited to, weather conditions that prevent travel or make travel difficult or dangerous), civil commotion, fire or other casualty or other causes beyond the reasonable control of KHI.
- If you are under 18, you may purchase products or services only through a parent or guardian. You agree that billing and registration information you provide on the Site will be accurate and complete. KHI and its affiliates reserve the right to refuse service, terminate accounts, remove or edit content, or cancel orders in their sole discretion.
CANCELLATION OF PROGRAMS (KHI)
- KHI reserves the right to cancel any training session at any point. In the rare event that a training session is canceled, KHI will offer you a credit to either attend personally or to have a colleague attend an event run at a later date. KHI also has the right to change the training venue and trainer up to 1 day prior to the event date to a location within 1 mile of the original location.
- These terms are effective for all registrations, even if payment has not been received at the time of registration, and also include any person who is a “no-show” on the day. KHI reserves the right not to confirm a registration unless payment is made prior to the training course date.
RIGHT TO CANCEL / TRANSFER
- These terms are effective for all registrations, even if payment has not been received at the time of registration, and also include any person who is a “no-show” on the day. Furthermore, KHI reserves the right not to confirm a registration.
- In the event that you wish to cancel your attendance to any program, you will be liable for the associated fees, regardless of training delivery method. At the point of cancellation, you will have the choice of either cancelling your attendance entirely, or transferring it to a later date. Should a transfer be required, this must be used for a course start that commences within six (6) months of the cancellation date.
- As an alternative to cancellation, you may substitute delegates with other members of your team who may be available to attend the scheduled training.
- The following fees for cancellation and transfer of courses are as follows:
Open Enrollment & On-Site courses:
Period prior to scheduled course start date
- Greater than 30 working days – 25% charged
- Less than 30 working days – 50% charged
- Less than 14 working days – 100% charged
- These charges simply reflect the associated costs incurred and the associated effort of rescheduling by date of cancellation, respective to course start date. Once the course has started, any requests to cancel throughout the training period will be associated with a 100% cancellation fee.
COMPLAINTS & RESOLUTION
- All complaints and claims relating to KHI’s Training Services must be received in writing to
Info@KnowHowInnovations.com within 14 days of the end date of the workshop or via your feedback form.
- If the claim is requesting a replacement course then the replacement course must occur within 90 days of the original course date.
RULES FOR ONLINE CONDUCT
- You agree to use a Site in accordance with all applicable laws.
PERMISSION TO USE MATERIALS
- You may not otherwise copy, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, publish, commercially exploit or otherwise transfer any material.
- The burden of determining that use of any information, software or any other content on the Site is permissible rests with you.
AGREEMENT TO ARBITRATE; CLASS WAIVER; WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL
- These terms and the relationship between you and KHI shall be governed by the laws of the State of Virginia without regard to its conflict of law provisions, regardless of where you live. You and KHI agree to submit any disputes relating to your use of a Service for final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such arbitration shall be conducted in Washington D.C.
- You agree not to sue KHI in any other forum. You acknowledge and understand that, with respect to any dispute with KHI arising out of or relating to your use of a Service:
- You are giving up your right to have a trial by jury.
- You are giving up your right to serve as a representative, as a private attorney general, or in any other representative capacity, or to participate as a member of a class of claimants, in any lawsuit involving such dispute.
- You must file any claim within one year after such claim arises or your claim is forever barred.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- This site and any information, products or services therein are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for use of a particular purposes, or non-infringement.
- KHI does not warrant, and hereby disclaims any warranties, either express or implied, with respect to the accuracy, adequacy or completeness of the site, information obtained from the site, or link to a site. KHI does not warrant that the site will operate in an uninterrupted or error-free manner or that the site is free of viruses or other harmful components. Use of information obtained from or through the site is at your own risk.
- You agree that KHI will not be liable to you for any loss or damages, either actual or consequential, arising out of or relating to these terms, or to your (or any third party’s) use or inability to use the site or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through the site. In particular, KHI will have no liability for any consequential, indirect, punitive, special or incidental damages, whether foreseeable or unforeseeable, (including, but not limited to, claims for defamation, errors, loss of data, or interruption in availability of data), arising out of or relating to these terms, your use or inability to use the site, or any purchases on this site, or to your reliance upon information obtained from or through the site, whether based in contract, tort, statutory or other law, except only in the case of death or personal injury where and only to the extent that applicable law requires such liability.
- KHI makes no representation regarding your ability to transmit and receive information from or through the site and you agree and acknowledge that your ability to access the site may be impaired. KHI disclaims any and all liability resulting from or related to such events.
- To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, KHI’s maximum liability arising out of or in connection with any service or your use of any KHI content, regardless of the cause of action (be it in contract, tort, breach of warranty, or otherwise) will not exceed 150.00 USD.
- The logo, name, and all graphics on the KHI Sites are trademarks of KHI or its affiliates. Use, reproduction, copying or redistribution of trademarks, without the written permission of KHI or its affiliates is prohibited. All other trademarks or service marks appearing on the Site are the marks of their respective owners.
- You agree to indemnify and hold KHI harmless from any claims, liability, losses or damages, costs, fees, actions, or demands, including, without limitation, reasonable legal and accounting fees, resulting from your violation of these terms or your use of the Site and you agree to fully cooperate in KHI’s defense against any such claims. This provision shall remain in full force and effect notwithstanding any termination of our use of a Service.
- The site may contain errors and omissions relating to product description, pricing and availability. KHI reserves the right to correct errors or omissions without prior notice. KHI also reserves the right to cancel any offered product or service in the event of an error or omission in the description, including price, unavailability or other reason.
- These terms constitute the entire agreement between you and KHI and its affiliates with respect to the subject matter herein and supersede any and all prior or contemporaneous oral or written agreements.
- All information collected is stored locally for internal purposes only and will endeavor to remove you from our record should we receive written request.
- The KHI Sites are owed by Know-How Innovations LLC, a limited liability company registered in the United States of America at the address: 11654 Plaza America Drive, Unit 954, Reston, Virginia 20190, USA.
11654 Plaza America Drive
1 703 382 8430
Hours: 8:00am – 5:00pm US EST Monday – Friday
Last Updated: Wednesday, 20th December 2017
Hands-on workshops to boost your organizational worth and increase business value. Leadership, operations management, continuous improvement, and more!
© 2017 Know-How Innovations LLC. All rights reserved.